Ideally, allegations will be supported by documentation. This documentation may include:
- Copies of the syllabus which clearly explains the instructor's expectations and consequences of academic misconduct
- Copies of the assignment/exam in question
- Turnitin.com reports.
- Copies or links to unauthorized source materials
- Notes retrieved from the student
- Emails between the instructor and student relating to the event
- Summary statement by the instructor of any intervention that occurred during the execution of the violation (such as moving the student to a different seat in the class, witness reports, etc.)
- Written reports of observations made during the event
While filing the violation, electronic copies of relevant information can be attached directly to the violation report.