Aggie Honor System Office
The Aggie Honor System Office (AHSO) is charged with the responsibility for administering efforts to promote academic integrity and to reduce and control academic dishonesty, including the following:
The AHSO will house the Honor Council and its administrative location will be the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
- Modify existing rules and creates new rules as the need arises.
- Oversee all activities of the University Honor Council.
- Coordinate training on academic integrity/academic dishonesty.
- Coordinate all communication efforts.
- Monitor all relevant data.
- Assess the effectiveness of intervention strategies and recommend changes.
188.8.131.52 STAFF DIRECTOR
A Director, who is appointed by the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, will administer the AHSO. The Director’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and oversee ongoing assessment and evaluation of the Honor System and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Academic Integrity Development Program and make changes as appropriate.
- Report to the Honor System Advisory Committee and serve as an ex-officio member of the committee.
- Review Honor System policies and report annually to the Provost, Faculty Senate, Academic Program Council, Student Senate, and the Graduate Student Council.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Honor Council.
- Additional duties will emerge as the Honor System matures.
- Supervise AHSO staff members.
- Direct the office functions of the AHSO.