Essential Functions of the Aggie Honor System Office
The Aggie Honor System Office was created in 2004 with the following defined roles and functions:
- The AHSO shall administer the Texas A&M University Honor System.
- The AHSO shall have the authority to create processes and operating procedures to implement the Honor System and to enforce the rules described in the following sections.
- The AHSO shall be the central office responsible for maintaining records and for coordinating communication, prevention, training, remediation, and adjudication efforts for the Texas A&M University Honor System.
- Additionally, it shall provide assistance to members of the University community when questions or concerns arise pertaining to academic misconduct.
- Finally, it shall oversee the operations and functioning of the Honor Council, a body of students and faculty established to hear and adjudicate honor cases.